PLEASE NOTE: OUR OPEN HOUSE HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED.
Due to the weather forecast we’ve decided it’s best to postpone for one week. We’ll now welcome you to the open house on Saturday, June 15th.
The NWAI is pleased to invite you to an Open House and Planting Day at our Tree Nursery in Durham Bridge onSaturday, June 8 from 9:30am – 3:00pm.
Come enjoy a family-friendly day of planting saplings alongside fellow volunteers and friends on the beautiful Nashwaak River. A free BBQ lunch will be provided. Please note: if you have food allergies – contact Alex LeBlanc (firstname.lastname@example.org or 506-261-6368) so that we can make sure to send you home with a full belly. 🙂
The Tree Nursery is part of a Riverbank Stabilization Initiative that aims to grow healthy native trees to be planted along the riverbank in order to combat erosion. The focus for Saturdaywill be transplanting saplings (young trees) which can be picked-up by landowners, or planted by volunteers along the riverbanks. We’ve come a long way over the past 4 years and currently have thousands of trees that are ready plant, but we need your help!
- WHERE: McLean Flat Rd. in Durham Bridge, NB.
- WHEN: Saturday,
June 8thJune 15th from 9:30am – 3:00pm (or anytime in between) See Google Map below.
- WHY: Many hands are needed to do the important work of combating erosion on the riverbanks of the Nashwaak River.Trees will also be available for volunteers to take home at the end of the day!
- RSVP: If you plan to come, it would be much appreciated if you could RSVP so we can ensure that there is food for everybody and that tools are ready.
- RAIN DATE: Saturday, June 15th from 9:30am – 3:00pm (or anytime in between). The event will go ahead if it is a light mist / gentle rain.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Please dress appropriately –boots, gloves (if you have them), sunscreen, and bug repellant. Extra bug repellant and sunscreen will be available, if needed.
Shovels will also be available, but you’re most welcome to bring your own – just make sure it’s marked so that it doesn’t get mixed up with others.